Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Impatience

Dear Lucian,

I'm still here in Fallo, and my party and I are still having very little luck finding what we're looking for. Some days it feels like we'll be stuck forever in Fallo, chasing useless lead after useless lead. Every night and every morning I pray that Pelor will lend me his patience so I don't lose hope.
There seems to be some strange plot afoot involving a gang of evil men calling themselves the Jeredrakes. I've never heard of such a group before, but we captured a few of them and questioned them. They didn't tell us much, but it seems they were the ones who plotted to kidnap Lady Kitala, and they may also have what we have been sent by Kartharine to find. It seems that all we have to do now is find where these Jeredrakes are, but it's the finding that has been proving the hard part here in Fallo.
I'm sorry if I'm seeming to despair. I know I shouldn't give up so easily. I think part of me had hoped that this mission would be easy, and that by now I would be running up the temple steps to embrace you once again. Even though things are not going as any of us expected, I know that I promised to do this job, and I must see it through. Homesickness seems to have set in for me, and everything I am seeing now is seen through its veil. I promise to stay strong and continue to do my best. I will return to Miel, I'm just not certain of when. Until then, I am praying for us both.

With Pelor's grace,
Sunflower

Ps: I met the king of Fallo the other night at dinner, and he said he knows you! You never told me you knew the king! Some day you will have to tell me how it is you two came to meet.

No comments: