Monday, May 19, 2008

An Unexpected Request

Dear Lucian,

I'm writing to let you know that there's been a slight change in my travel plans. I know one of the priests here said he would send a letter to you explaining the nature of my continued absence, but I wanted to send you a personal letter as well.
Things here have been really busy. The temple had to be put back pretty much from scratch, and I have been spending every waking hour(as well as some I should have been sleeping) healing, consecrating, blessing, purifying, and anything else I have been asked to do to put things back to normal. I am fairly confident that things will start falling back into a good rhythm before long, and hopefully the people here in Brindinsford will be able to put this catastrophe behind them.
I was planning to return home in a few days, when I was approached with an offer. Apparently, a woman from the University here is putting together a team of adventurers to retrieve something she's lost. The priests here thought I would be a good candidate for the job, especially since they don't have any folks here to spare. They said you wouldn't mind, and I'm inclined to agree. Besides, what good is a group of adventurers without someone to keep them patched up? Also it gives me a good opportunity to take the good word on the road. It might be nice to see places I have never even thought of going before, and it'll give me a good chance to put my training to use.
I am sorry I won't be returning home to see you first, though. I miss you dearly, and I am starting to miss home. Ah well. I've been told it should be a short mission, so maybe I will be home sooner than I think. I'm sure you are managing to keep things in good order without me. Still, you are in my thoughts and prayers always. I promise to try to write you as often as I can. Try hard not to worry!

With Pelor's grace,
Sunflower

No comments: