Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Ring

Dear Lucian,

I wanted to write you a letter to let you know that I may be out of touch for a while. It seems my duties are taking me to the Outlands, to the city of Sigil. Have you ever heard of it? Apparently, it's also known as the City of Doors. Kartharine told us that there are doors to all planes of existence there, or so it is rumored, and she needs us to go there and find something she wants. She seems to be a woman who wants many things that are...difficult to acquire.
In order to even know the general area where this new thing is located, my party and I had to go to visit the Elemental Weirds, and ask them where we could find it. That involved us undergoing four challenges based around each of the four elements. Some of them were more difficult than others, but it was certainly worth completing each just to meet the oracles. They were a spectacular sight to see. We were told by Kartharine that we would only be allowed to ask one question for the entire party, but it seems the Weirds were lonely, and they let us ask quite a few. I will admit, I wanted to ask what had happened to my family, or who they were, but with so many other things that were so much more necessary to know, I didn't feel right asking such a selfish question. Perhaps one day, I will know where it was I came from, and what events brought me to you, but I'm sure Pelor has his own time for revealing such things.
Anyway, I have no idea if I will be able to send you letters from Sigil, so I wanted to be sure I sent you one before I left. If there is any way to send you some, I swear to you I will write. If not, know that I'm safe, and I'll write to you when we return. Thank you again so much for the tent! I can't help but think of you every time I use it. My party has been much impressed by it, and I'm glad I can do something so nice for them. Thank you.

With Pelor's Grace,
Sunflower

No comments: